Saturday, October 18, 2008

Musée National d'Art Moderne

Last Wednesday night I took myself on a date to the George Pompidou Center.  I had been seeing these adds all over Paris for a special exhibit passing through.  The exhibit was that of Jacque Villeglé.  His mediums were unusual - most of the pieces were created with those huge posters/advertisements - torn and rearranged on a canvas with other words and images drawn in.  The exhibition was incredibly colorful.  Definitely made some strong social critiques.  There was also a video that he had made with the Pompidou Center.  It was a series of images/drawings like slides - that changed almost instantly.  It was like watching a dream in fast forward - or snippets of someone's memory. I also explored what I could of the permanent collection in my limited time.  I will definitely be going back.  Apparently its free Tuesday nights for students.  I've had an insatiable craving for art lately.  Saturday was spent at the Louvre.  Yesterday (Friday) I went to Giverny with IES.  Wow I have some beautiful pictures.  It's going to take me a bit to get them all up but MOM you are going to flip.  The gardens were still in full bloom.  Which was incredible since it was so cold yesterday morning you could see your breath.  

No comments: